History and constitution of the World Ploughing Organization
The first international provisional Governing Board was set up at Workington, Cumberland, England, on the 5th of February, 1952.
The Governing Board was established at two international meetings held on the 13th of November, 1952, at Stirling and Bridge of Allan in Scotland.
- To foster and preserve the art and improve the skill of ploughing the land.
- To promote World Championship Ploughing contests.
- To provide for demonstration work and trade displays.
- To urge the development and adoption of improved techniques and aids to man in all branches of agriculture.
- To foster a vigorous spirit of co-operation an enterprise in producing food for an increasing world population.
- By these means to encourage fellowship and understanding amongst the people of all nations.
- To support and co-operate with other bodies or associations in the furtherance of these objects.